For free training info, enter your contact info below and also receive the corresponding technical whitepaper; proprietary and only from AFuzion.
Avionics Hardware Intermediate DO-254 Training Workshop
Since DO-254 was released ten years ago, the knowledge of software hardware development processes, techniques, and strategies for safety-critical hardware has vastly changed and in some cases improved. However, there is a large gap between understanding the real intent of DO-254 certification and the minimalist words in the Book. Just as commercial hardware development techniques have advanced, so has the world of aviation hardware development and certification. This Intermediate DO-254 training will provide important knowledge for attendees to rise to, understand, and apply those advancements and new hardware certification requirements for FAA, EASA and worldwide certification agencies. This Intermediate DO-254 training is intended for persons with basic familiarity of DO-254, DO-178, or safety-critical standards. It can be combined to follow the preceding basic DO-254 course. The developer/teacher is the principal founder of two of the world’s largest avionics consulting companies and the principal author of several of the world’s most popular publications on DO-254: Vance Hilderman has taught over 11,000 avionics engineers and managers worldwide, including FAA and EASA officials, and engineers from 95 of the world’s largest 100 aviation companies: more than all the competitor’s current trainers in the world, combined.
- Quick refresher on basic DO-254 and “how” DO-254 is applied to advanced avionics
- Understanding CAST-27 and AC 20-152 and related EASA certification requirements
- Understanding actual hardware DO-254 requirements with actual case study
- Advanced analysis, element analysis, and structural coverage for hardware logic
- Actual hardware PHAC review checklist walkthrough
- Actual hardware HWPA (“quality assurance”) review checklist walkthrough
- Representative SOI audits for Hardware – what are they for #1, 2, 3, and 4
- Hardware Requirements Validation – what is involved
- Applying DO-254 to Military AND Commercial usage; differences between EASA & FAA
- Understanding advanced DO-254 mistakes and best practices to avoid them element analysis/coverage
- Controlling engineering cost/risks with DO-254 Requirements, Design, and Logic
- Understanding and applying AC 20-152, CAST-27, and EASA-CM-SWCEH-001 for avionics hardware development per ED-80 and DO-254
Attendees may include engineers, managers, quality assurance or certification personnel with previous knowledge, training, or experience in DO-254.
To Download Free Training Info & Sample Material, Please Contact the Afuzion Team