For free training info, enter your contact info below and also receive the corresponding technical whitepaper; proprietary and only from AFuzion.
DO-278A Training: CNS/ATM Ground-Based Systems Class
Where DO-278 was often informally applied, DO-278A is increasingly required worldwide for aviation ground based systems: Communication Navigation Systems and Air Traffic Management (CNS/ATM). While DO-278A shares similarities with DO-178, there are important differences including Assurance Levels and classification, mitigation, commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) technology incorporation and many more. But system/software development has rapidly evolved along with aviation airspace complexities: many new technologies must be considered, and certified: C++, Model-Based Development, Formal Methods, COTS software/hardware, and advanced tools. New techniques for specifying aviation requirements and design must also be understood. But what are detailed and derived DO-278A requirements? How can C++ and OOT be safely used and certified per DO-278A and DO-332? What are DO-278A Model-Based Development best practices in applying DO-331? How can legacy software/systems be certified to DO-278A? What were the DO-278 weaknesses and how is DO-278A really different from DO-278? How can DO-278A cost and schedule be reduced by 20-30%? The developer/teacher is the principal founder of two of the world’s largest aviation consulting companies and the principal author of several of the world’s most popular publications on aviation software/hardware development: Vance Hilderman has taught over 11,000 aviation engineers and managers worldwide, including FAA and EASA officials, and engineers from 95 of the world’s largest 100 aviation companies: more than all the competitor’s current trainers in the world, combined.
AFuzion’s training has been provided to over 16,000 aviation engineers from 1,000 companies in 30 countries; more than all other trainers in the world combined. Brief summary below; contact us for more free information.
- Understanding DO-278A’s basic principles: DO-278A explained for the “real world”: yours
- Understanding DO-278A’s true intent by understanding the original authors’ goals
- Understanding the avionics development ecosystem of Safety, Software, Hardware and Certification
- Understanding DO-278A’s Planning Process, including Requirements, Design, Code, Integration, Reverse-engineering (legacy systems) Verification, Quality Assurance, and Configuration Management
- Think like a DO-278A auditor and pass audits the first time
- Real-world training in DO-278A project management and cost/schedule reduction.
- Common DO-278A initiation mistakes: how to prevent and mitigate
Attendees may include engineers, managers, quality assurance or certification personnel; no prior expertise required.
To Download Free Training Info & Sample Material, Please Contact the Afuzion Team