For free training info, enter your contact info below and also receive the corresponding technical whitepaper; proprietary and only from AFuzion.
Avionics Software Advanced DO-178C Training Workshop
DO-178C (ED-12CC) is arguably the world’s most difficult software “standard” and many millions of lives rely on it yearly. But software development has rapidly evolved along with aircraft design: many new technologies must be considered, and certified: C++, Model-Based Development, Formal Methods, non-CPU based logic, and advanced tools. New techniques for specifying avionics requirements and design must also be understood. But what are detailed and derived DO-178C requirements? How can C++ and OOT be safely used and certified per DO-332? What are DO-178C Model-Based Development best practices in applying DO-331? What are the answers to applying DO-178C’s Parameter Data Items? What were the DO-178B weaknesses and how is DO-178C really different from DO-178B? How can DO-178C cost and schedule be reduced by 20-30%?
This advanced DO-178C training is intended for persons with basic familiarity of DO-178 or safety-critical standards. It can be combined to follow the preceding basic DO-178C course. The developer/teacher is the principal founder of two of the world’s largest avionics consulting companies and the principal author of the world’s most popular publications on DO-178: Vance Hilderman has taught over 11,000 avionics engineers and managers worldwide, including FAA and EASA officials, and engineers from 95 of the world’s largest 100 aviation companies: more than all the competitor’s current trainers in the world, combined.
- Quick refresher on basic DO-178C and “how” DO-178C is applied to advanced avionics
- Grasp key differences between DO-178B and DO-178C for more advanced users
- Advanced Safety, Derived Requirements, and Detailed DO-178C Requirements
- Understanding advanced DO-178C mistakes and best practices to avoid them including model based development, OOT, and C++
- Controlling engineering cost/risks with DO-178C Requirements, Design, and Code
- Understanding & applying DO-178C’s Supplements for:
– DO-330/ED-215 Software Tool Qualification
– DO-331/ED-216 Model-Based Development and Verification
– DO-332/ED-217 Object-Oriented Technology
– DO-333/ED-218 Formal Methods Supplement
Attendees may include engineers, managers, quality assurance or certification personnel with previous knowledge, training, or experience in DO-178.
To Download Free Training Info & Sample Material, Please Contact the Afuzion Team