Avionics Software/Hardware/Systems/Safety Training: DO-178C, DO-254, ARP4754B/4761A Workshop
AFuzion most-popular combined training provides Intro-through-Intermediate training in avionics systems, software, hardware, and safety according to DO-178C, DO-254, ARP4754B, and ARP4761A. Aircraft & Systems, Safety, Requirements, Validation, Design, Code, Verificationj/Test, Quality Assurance, Configuration Management, and avionics certification are all covered in this course. An accompaniment to the world’s most popular book on Aviation Certification “Aviation Development Ecosystem”, also by the author of this AFuzion Training, this course is action-packed and taught to over 2,500 persons annually. This course answers all the major avionics development and certification pertaining to Safety (ARP4761A), Aircraft/Systems (ARP4754B), Software (DO-178C), and Hardware (DO-254, with AMC 20-152). The latest DO-178C was introduced in 2012, but the predecessor versions began in the 1980’s and the Ecosystem has expanded since this with new rules for Military, eVTOL, UAM, and civilian aircraft continually evolving: this training is updated quarterly to provide the very latest interpretations from FAA, EASA, U.S. Army/Air Force, and worldwide Certification Authorities.
First-time users often complain of costs and schedules doubling while trying to comply. But how to make it simple, efficient, and cost-effective? This training provides real-world examples, sample Plans and Checklists, and in-class workshops walking attendees through successful avionics certification. All of the important topics below and many more are explained in this fast-paced AFuzion class. New to aviation? No problem: attendees receive ten (10) proprietary AFuzion whitepapers IN ADVANCE to help new-comers and provide everyone with great references and examples post-training.T he developer/teacher is the principal founder of three of the world’s largest avionics consulting companies and the principal author of the world’s two most popular publications on DO-178, DO-254, ARP4754B and ARP4761A: Vance Hilderman has taught over 37,000 avionics engineers and managers worldwide, including FAA and EASA officials, and engineers from 95 of the world’s largest 100 aviation companies: more than all the competitor’s current trainers in the world, combined.
AFuzion’s training has been provided to over 37,000 aviation engineers from 1,000 companies in 30 countries; more than all other trainers in the world combined. Brief summary below; contact us for more free information.
- Understanding DO-178C, DO254, ARP4754B, and ARP4761A basic principles: explained for the “real world”: yours.
- Understanding DO-XXX/ARP47XX true intent by understanding the original authors’ goals
- Understanding the avionics development ecosystem of Safety, Systems, Software, Hardware and Certification
- Understanding the required Plans, Standards, Checklists, Requirements, Design, Code, Verification, Quality Assurance, and Configuration Management
- Think like an FAA/EASA auditor and pass audits the first time
- Real-world examples, and how to transition from DO-178B to DO-178C
- Common initiation mistakes: from beginner to intermediate quickly
- Applying traceability, transition criteria, and quality assurance (QA) audits
- Tool Qualification and Stage of Involvement (SOI) 1, 2, 3, and 4: sample checklists
Attendees may include engineers, managers, quality assurance or certification personnel; no aviation expertise required because ten (10) proprietary AFuzion tech whitepapers are provided two weeks in advance of training.
Click below to download the remaining DO-178C, DO-254, ARP4754B/4761A Workshop improvement paper.
(Note: Details of all the above mentioned details are contained within the following 11 pages of this paper (download to read). For additional DO-178C/DO-254 training, guidance, gap analysis, and mentoring, simply contact AFuzion.)