AMC 20-193 & CAST-32A / Multi-Core Processing Training
CAST-32A is the worldwide (America, Europe, Asia) Certification Authorities Software Team (CAST) guidance for ensuring safe implementation of Multi-Core Processing (MCP) within avionics systems. Increasingly MCP’s are used in avionics and understanding what must be done to plan for, implement, and verify deterministic “safe” MCP development via CAST-32A is the focus of this AFuzion 2-day private training course. Attendees will understand how to utilize multiple-cores providing simultaneous operations using deterministically shared resources such as cache, memory, and communications and performing MCP CAST-32A Interference Analysis. Attendees will also learn how to work with RTOS vendors and RTOS’s themselves to comply with CAST-32A and develop safer avionics.
AMC 20-193 (AC 20-193 per FAA) is the new replacement for CAST-32A handling Multi-Core Processing (MCP) development and certification; AFuzion’s MCP training has now added coverage for A(M)C 20-193 per EASA, FAA, and worldwide Military adoption. AFuzion is additionally the sole MCP Certification training and auditing/mentoring resource for USA and European militaries.
AFuzion’s training has been provided to over 23,000 aviation engineers from 1,000 companies in 30 countries; more than all other trainers in the world combined. Brief summary below; contact us for more free information.
- CAST-32A Introduction
- Summary of DO-178C, for Multi-Core usage
- RTOS Introduction & Scheduling, Processes, Tasks, and Threads
- MCP What & Why
- DO-178C & MCP – Plans, Standards, Activities
- CAST-32A MCP Robust Partitioning Principles
- RTOS Specifics – Technical Info
- DO-254 & MCP
- MCP Cert, Deadlines, Benchmarks & Reports
- Overview: IMA, ARP4754A, ARP4761 & MCP
- IMA & CAST-32A Modules and Partitioning
- DO-178C’s & MCP Requirements, Design & Verification
- MCP & CAST-32A Best Practices for Planning, Testing, & Certification
- MCP & CAST-32A WCET Mistakes & Best Practices
Attendees may include software engineers and managers. Basic understanding of embedded systems and software is helpful (introductory DO-178C and RTOS’s will be provided early in Day 1).
To Request Training Info plus free samples, please submit the following (* = Required; request rejected if * not completed):