For free training info, enter your contact info below and also receive the corresponding technical whitepaper; proprietary and only from AFuzion.
DO-331 Model-Based Development (MBD) and DO-331 Compliance Training
Model-Based Development (MBD) via DO-331 is becoming increasingly popular in organizations creating complex systems where it is crucial to collaborate in a multi-disciplinary environment and when the safety is crucial, like avionics projects.
In the past FAA and EASA gave no formal credit for Model-Based project development, hence modeling was done informally without formal certification credit. Today, DO-178C has introduced and regulated MBD via its supplement DO-331.
This course explains in depth how DO-331 regulates the use of Models in avionics project development, and also explains how to adopt MBD in organizations to make projects successful. In fact, many organizations recognize the value of Model Based Development as in their past projects they experienced ample pain in trying to engineer complex systems using hard-coded documents, fixed spreadsheets, and isolated diagrams. MBD via DO-331 provides enhance reusability with faster integration/test and time to market.
In this course, we will suggest a process for adopting MBD, getting the maximum from this technology, allowing quick wins and minimizing risks. In addition, we will give some important lessons learned in supporting organizations on their day-to-day struggle to adopting MBD, identifying common pitfalls to avoid, and providing suggestions for solving specific issues such as educating engineers on modeling languages, methods, and tools, importing data from documents to models, using models to produce document artifacts for specific stakeholders, etc. Not just theory, but practical and workable examples to fully understand and learn how to apply Model Based Design Techniques for better Quality in less time, in compliance with DO-178C (ED-12C) and DO-254 (ED-80). Attendees learn the latest techniques via Key Features below.
- Quick refresher on basic DO-178C and “how” it is applied to advanced avionics
- Understanding & applying the DO-178C & DO-254 Supplements for:
- DO-330/ED-215 Software Tool Qualification
- DO-331/ED-216 Model-Based Development and Verification
- DO-331/ED-217 Object-Oriented Technology
- DO-333/ED-218 Formal Methods Supplement
- Changes in Systems Engineering Practice Paradigm
- From Documents to Models
- Modelling: an example
- Modeling Solution
- A System modeling language: SysML
- A System Modeling example: an ABS system
- Model Based Development; what it is
- Advantages of Model Based Development
- Model Based Development Issues
- MBD Definitions
- Model-Based Development rules and best practices
- MBD pitfalls: How To Avoid
- DO-331 Introduction
- DO-331 Software Life Cycle Data and Software Development Process
- Specification Model & Design Model, usage mix Pros & Cons
- Model Verification
- Model Traceability
- MBD Best Practices
- MBD in action: Engineering Analysis of Models & Model execution: real-life examples
- Introduction to trade-off studies and their types: real-life examples
- Project organization for the analysis
- Requirements verification and constraints creation
- Evolutionary approach to adopting MBSE
- Recommendations for getting started and how to adopt MBD
This course is designed for Avionics Systems, Hardware, Software Managers and Engineers, Quality & Process Assurance or Certification personnel, seeking a higher level of understanding of the requirements and practices of Model Based Techniques and DO-178C supplement DO-331 to improve Project quality and schedule.
To Download Free Training Info & Sample Material, Please Contact the Afuzion Team