ARP4754A Introduction – Avionics Systems
ARP4754A is officially titled “Guidelines for Development of Civil Aircraft And Systems”. Rarely can one judge a book by its cover or title; however, in this case, the title literally conveys a powerful message: if you are involved with development of aircraft or systems, you should be well versed in ARP4754A’s ‘guidelines’. Why? There are two key reasons which should be understood before first opening the pages of ARP4754A:
1. ARP4754A’s title states “guidelines”, but failure to understand and apply ARP4754A will greatly reduce safety and your ability to achieve certification.
2. Where its predecessor ARP4754 was largely similar, too many organizations treated it as “optional” befitting its name “Guideline”; but certification organizations worldwide have formally mandated adherence to this latest version, ARP4754A.
For experienced, proficient developers of aircraft and systems, ARP4754A reads like a book for maintaining good personal health: make a plan for health, understand healthy living, be safe, eat well, reduce stress, exercise, sleep, get regular check-ups, and repeat. For aircraft, an analogous synopsis of ARP4754A would state:
1. Plan your aircraft/system’s development lifecycle ecosystem;
2. Implement Safety activities per ARP4761/A;
3. Define and justify Assurance Level;
4. Define System architecture and requirements; Validate.
5. Perform Verification and Configuration Management
6. Implement Quality Assurance and prove Transition Criteria.
Information Request Form
Please provide the following information to receive your full WhitePaper